Thursday, July 21, 2005

Back Pain and SIght Seeing

I had my second massage aboard the ship (well, ever actually!) this 2 days ago and this morning was the first the first time I could lean against something without my shoulder´s screaming for mercy. Apparently my back musculature is first degree screwed so I spent 30minutes trying to relax whilst switching between screwing my face up and calm due to that glorious ´nice´ pain you get when the right bit is being manipulated. My lower back has been really hurting for the last 6 weeks, mostly due to all the lifting and standing up for so long when Djing, on drill or any other job I have on here!

So away she pummeled, prodded and squidged and I have to admit that inside it felt better (although apparently it needs a lot of work!) but my back hurt to touch for the next 2 days.

I have started a real effort at sight seeing, finally, I mean geez I´ve only been on here what, 3 months! So in Tarragonna last week I visited the Roman Circus (lots of tunnels, pretty cool.




















And yesterday in Barcelona I braved the Metro and visited the Sagardia Familia (I´ve probably spelt that completely wrong!) Gaudi´s amazing Temple/Cathedral. Wow, what a feat of engineering and artistic skill. Just the vision itself to create such a thing shows the man was a genius. It was all brought down to earth however when I found out how he died. He was hit by a tram, for some reason I find this really strange. An amazing man like that hit by a tram, bizzare.

Should get the new Harry Potter book today. Hopefully it will get to the port Agent before we leave. There´s quite a few of us waiting for it!

No comments: