Friday, June 30, 2006

Russia

Finally made it to St Petersburg, Russia and our 1st overnighter here. Found ou that I can get off with my British Seamans book, but have decided to wait until we're here next time to make the most of it! Everyone's heading to a club tonight (that's basically the entire crew!) so I may partake, although I am covering for DJSimon this evening so may not actually get there 'til late - still the bus entrance and first drink are only $10 so would still be worth it I feel! Went on a tour in Stockholm, round the city and to the Vasa museum - A big war ship built in the 1600's that sank 25minutes after leaving the dock!

All is going well at the mo. A few interesting illness and injuries going about (an inflamed sweat gland?!?) and the usual soap opera of social chaos that working on a ship provides. I have turned into a bit of a counsellor this week which has been nice - although I may need one after the next few days!! Should be going on self guided bicycle tour of Visby (Sweden) in a few days with Zoe (and anyone else brave enough to come along) - will attempt to see cultural things and not get lost!

New countries visited in the last few weeks include Finland, Russia and Estonia. I'm sure we end up in Germany at one point - chance to test out my language skills!

1 week 'til the family arrive:))))

No comments: