Friday, April 16, 2010

Bags of milk, baby!

So an exciting (well, fairly - for the planet anyhoo) was made by me in Sainsbury's this week - Bags of Milk. You buy a special jug that you then put the bags in. It saves on packaging (and is also easier to freeze) which is better, not only for the environment, but also for my small abode where recyling space is at a premium! At the minute I have washed the jug, read the instructions and the bags are in the freezer awaiting their debut.

White Cargo (Windsor Selection)

I hae just finished reading the above book. It only took me 2 days! Felicity Kendal has always been one of my favourite actresses and when I lived back in Wythall I remember hearing that she'd lived, at some point, in Olton (about 3 stops on by train!). There were a few 'squee' moments when she spoke about Solihull but these were not the most happy times for her so the 'squee' was somewhat tempered. An absolutely fantastic and fascinating account of her life - especially her descriptions and recollections of growing up 'on the road' in India. I would recommend this book to anyone - even if they've never seen her perform. She is a great writer and if she ever does any more I'll be the first in the queue :) I'm now onto the Middlemarch-esque (If Middlemarch were moved to France) Madame Bovary.

Last night wasthe first night of B.L.O.G's "Songs from Four Shows", it went great! I managed not to fall over (as I so gracefully did in the tech) and the guys didn't tread on my feet so all was succesful in our USR corner ;) It's been so much fun getting back into singing, moving and working with a big ensemble onstage, and they're a very welcoming bunch of people, so all in all it's been a fantastic experience. Roll on tonight and tomorrow!!

No comments: