Saturday, March 19, 2005

"Fine"

This seems to be the phrase of the ship at the moment. If you ask someone how they are, they are going to reply ´"Fine" even though they blatantly have a cold, are tired, in pain or some other way indisposed! That word has never bugged me so much in my life. I guess it´s just irritating because I actually meant it when I said "How are You?" and that reply is sooo annoying!

Sorry....vent over.

I am "Fine" at the mo, except for the muscle pain which has taken up residence in the top of my left leg, making it nearly impossible to walk DOWN stairs. Walking up, no probs - going down, agony (?!). Still after 3 days it´s now got to the level of ´I know it´s there but I can ignore it´ so I shall go on being fine until it actually disappears and then I shall be "Fantastic!". As long as I can get some sleep in between so i don´t fell quite as bleugh and unsociable as I do right now!

I met my Cruise Director on "The Destiny" today. His name´s Rob and, get this, he´s American! and watches Star Trek!!!! So now 3 members of my family are working for American bosses - freaky.

Only 4 weeks left before I disembark. Seems odd to think I´ll be leaving, am actually trying not to think about it too much because hopefully it won´t hit home until I´m safely ensconssed on ´Destiny´ and surrounded by a new lot of folks. I am gonna miss these guys though. Even though I move around a lot doing different work and contracts I hope I never get to the point where I´m blasee about saying goodbye and end up not getting to know people just so it´s easier. I think that would be a very lonely way to be.

I got an Easter card off my Mum yeasterday. Bob hand delivered it to me (literally I was lying on my bed reading and he gave it to me!) I read it and then for some inexplicable reason burst into tears! I think it was more the religous side to the card rather than being homesick. I´m not homesick but I really miss going to church and being able to discuss my spiritual well being with my mates. I have tried to be diligent with reading my Bible but as usual have failed miserably. It´s not like I´m slipping or anything, I just feel the need for some fellowship now and then and on here it´s next to impossible. Still me and Lorna are going to watch´"The Passion of Christ" on Friday so that might help, well if it has the same effect on me as last time I´ll be sobbing through most of it but we´ll see!

Lloyd has had to go home for a week for medical reasons. The poor guy just seems to have had one thing after another and it is easier to send him home to sort it out so he´s off today. Any spare Prayers/Thoughts or mojo in his direction would be much appreciated.

I´m now on a mission to see if I can find/create some hot cross buns - any ideas for finding these things in the Canary Islands much appreciated!

No comments: