Friday, March 17, 2006

...the modem cometh

Finally!

We have our shiny new modem (after a bit of straight talking and mild bullying of the BT operator in India) and the wonder of the internet has returned to our abode.

I haven't posted for ages I've just realised, here's an up date:

*I leave for the ship 2 weeks today.

*I leave work next Saturday

*I had to have a full (expensive!) medical for this new contract, I discovered that you have reflexes in the oddest of places - did you know there are 3 on your arm?

*Next Monday I travel up North for the PEEL staff party - oh yeah, and the P.S.T training in Blackpool the next day. It's one of those where they chuck you in a swimming pool, turn the fog machine on full blast, make you jump off the top diving board and then inflate a liferaft - at least, that's what I've heard!

*I've been meeting up with folks as a last catch up before I toddle off. Next week I'm visiting Charly, the girl who travelled around most of America with 5 years ago and have only seen a couple of times since!

*I have plans whizzing around in my head for a change (more like a 180'turn!) in career direction. All depends on various factors which I get to think about whilst on the ship.

*Check out the "Reading" section on my sidebar - I bought some new books which are amazing - I finished one of them the afternoon I bought it! Tory Hayden is an amazing person.

No comments: