Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Treading the boards again....

Yes, all Stage Management acquaintances look away now, I am once more entering the 'other side' and becoming a turn for the next 4 months - well except for the next 3 weeks when I'm on a ship as a technician - but after that (unless Stratford calls) I shall be a fully payed up cast member of Wythall Theatre Company.

We had the final auditions on Monday, and after a conversation with Anne about whether I was sure I could deal with various members of the company (including my Dad) man-handling me AGAIN, I was cast as Irene, in the play 'The Dresser'. Every play I've been in with them I get man-handled - and it can't get any worse than having to flirt (albeit in a farcical way) with my own father in the last one - at least in this one it's not MEANT to be taken that way! (at least not if you're following the plot.....)

The cast and all details are here The play is by Ronald Harwood and is based on his experiences as dresser to Donald Wolfit. It is funny, dark and incredibly poignant in places and should provide a great acting challenge as well as great evening's viewing :)

Today I got my flight details through for next week and for my return flight (which is incredibly reassuring!) and over the weekend the final photos were taken of the house and we had our first viewing (before the house is even on the market). So all in all I am feeling just a little more settled - only a little - but it beats banging my head against the desk ;)

I've had some good times watching new DVD's over the last few days. Finished Series 4 of ELR (inc. extras) and also Series 1 of 'My Family'. Am starting Series 2 of 'My Family' and then Series 5 if ELR .... it's not like I'm bored.....honestly.... I mean I only picked one of the coldest days of the year to wash all the outside windows, the conservatory, the drive and both cars...no,no....it's not getting to me at all.....*goes to fetch own butterfly net*

No comments: