Sunday, April 08, 2012

Blood & Ice - Final Thoughts

Well, the show finished a week ago yesterday - and I can safely say it was one of the best experiences of my life! So far outside my comfort zone and yet being made to feel so safe and professional by the cast, director and crew and, pulling off what I feel to be the best performance I could, made it a wonderful thing to be a part of. I still can't quite believe I was a part of it - or that the emotion and focus flowing through the character was actually me onstage - many fleeting out of body experiences occurred - and not all because of the tightness of the corset I was wearing.
The responses from the people who came to watch was very gratifying and again - quite surreal to have people I have never met coming up to me and enthusing about the play and out performances. But also what was interesting was the other conversations that were started about Mary, Byron, Shelley, their beliefs and society at that time.
I feel I know Mary quite well now, reading her diaries was certainly an eye opener and at times a little too close to home, especially when's she speaks of the emotions she is feeling and yet feels that, logically, she should be able to surpass these. Above all she was a highly intelligent woman who's first commitment was to her children.
Here are some photos for your perusal!




No comments: