Monday, March 12, 2012

Blood & Ice and stuff

Just had the most amazing rehearsal for Blood & Ice.

We did Act 2 which is fairly full on emotionally and switches backwards and forwards more and more frequently. I feel like I'm getting more of a grasp on it now and am starting to feel less like some imposter who's somehow ended up onstage by accident!

This entire process has been a little daunting for me, for a few reasons - not least because I've never had the main part in anything before, and I've certainly never had to do anything this emotional or focussed before. I'm loving it! The director and the rest of the cast have made me feel really comfortable and before every rehearsal I sit myself down (or at least internally monolgue on the walk there!) and tell myself to give it everything I can as I may never get this opportunity again. Every rehearsal it's getting a little easier and I'm understanding the character more and more, even the kissing and seeing the naked Shelley (first time tonight!) haven't really phased me so hopefully when I walk out onstage and can see the audience (bound to happen in the Rondo) it won't throw me either........

Also last noght I became a step-Aunty! The amazing Jodie was in labour for around 36hours and then finally gave birth via c-section to the lovely Maisy Kimberley Bower. 9.5lb. Which makes her 2lb heavier than Matthew is now - who is now 2 months old!

On other news I was diagnosed with various maladies in February (what's new!) one upshot of which is that I'm now on iron tablets - have had no side-effects (yet!) but I am definitely feeling more like myself. I have the energy to get out of bed, and I no longer constantly feel like everythings a struggle, which means my feelings about work have improved drastically - just as well given the workload at the moment - which in turn means I feel like I am actually doing a good job at training the students and keeping on top of everything. I am so glad my Dr was willing to do the blood tests and not just put it down to stress - even if it does look like my thyroid maybe on it's way out!

Came to back to the old blog as I miss it - but also am trying to improve my Bible reading and am starting to Journal (why it's taken me 31 years is a bit of a mystery, but better late then never!) so I'm hoping starting this back-up may help some sort of routine.....we'll see, we'll see......

No comments: