Thursday, September 29, 2005

Screaming Turtles need Singing Lessons

Yeah, weird title I know, but when trying to think of things to type they kind of came up together!

SCREAMING: 2 weeks ago most of the Ents Department went to Porta Vantura and had a fabulous day screaming (well the singers were being slightly more restrained (I say SLIGHTLY!) and getting soaked on some cool rides. Laren and Louise got drenched by the Capoirea boys (Andre & Gilberto) ON THE FLUME, Alice (ACD) and Geta (from the Salon) went on their first ever rollercoasters and most of scared the bejeezus out of ourselves by going on the tower drop type thing - It drags you up aout 300ft and then drops you, nuff said!

TURTLE: Well only one, but we were doing lifeboat drill last week and I saw a turtke off the side of the ship, it must have been massive and it was all by itself...ahhh.

SINGING LESSON: Well, not really, but Richard (CD) sat down at the piano with me ´cos I aked if he would give me a lesson/some help. Mostly I just wanted to see if I could still sing, seen as it´s been about 7 years (WTH??!!!) since I sang properly. (I was Liesl in the Sound Of Music for Alcester Operatics)
It was cool. Didn´t really sing a whole lot, but he worked out what my range was (2 1/2 Octaves if I actually warmed up!) and where the breaks were in my voice and what key I should sing in. Turns out I´m almost the same has him only an Octave higher and I´m a Contralto (It means I can sing Soprano but am much happier singing alto ..I think!) which was good to know as usually I was put in whatever section needed volume so I never actually found out what I was!
I was asking about the singer´s ranges and Lauren (so talented it would make you ill!) has a range of...3 and 1/2 Octaves - that´s like Julie Andrews standard - scary!

So, only 4 weeks to go before I can stop setiing the Alarm clock, stop changing the language I speak to people in shops with everyday, eat real chips, drink water out of the tap, and do all those other things that you miss when you´re away from home for ages!

Things on board are more settled now, Fel has almost stopped making a nuisance of himself; there´s a few bits of equipment that, quite frankly, would be better off in the Sea and folks are getting a bit tetchy due to the fact that it´s nearly time to go home but all in all, not bad!

Oh, and yesterday I climbed to the top of the Sagardia Familia in Barcelona - amazing!!!

No comments: