Thursday, September 01, 2005

DJBex has hung up her headphones

No, No, I haven´t quit.

Dante had to go home this week because his wife is ill and his family need him so I have sort of been promoted to Stage Manager. I say sort of because TPTB won´t say on way or the other who is now Stage Manager (and don´t think that Felino isn´t taking advantage of that!) but I am doing all of Dante´s work. So the role of 4 tech´s is split into 3, but we´ve pretty much sorted it so that the daily duties are fair.

It means that I am now doing the lighting for the shows etc in the CCL, the sound for the group Cabaret´s in the OKL and stuff on the pool deck for deck party´s. But I am no longer DJing. Instead Sebi is now the only DJ and me and Felino are sharing all the morning duties. It´s going to be a shaky couple of weeks but we´ll get there.

I need to rant now.

Richard (CD), Alice (ACD) and I went with Dante to the taxi to see him off and the Port Agent in Barcelona was such an A**H***. He was really racist towards Dante, I wanted to thump him. He assumed that Richard was going and that Dante was his porter. When he eventually understood that (it is beyond me why they employ port agents who can´t speak more than one language!)he was generally rude and derogatory towards Dante, the nicest, calmest guy on the planet, who just took it. This treatment is just because Dante is Filipino.

Now I´m sorry but Dante probably has more brains and compassion in his little finger than this arrogant g*t has in his body. Dante can speak at least 3 languges, he´s in a management position, he´d probably have to work twice as hard as the g*t to earn the same money so deserves some damn RESPECT...OK.

It baffles me how countries can be admitted into the EU when they have such a disdain for an entire nation (Greece as a particular example, if most of this officers on this ship are anything to go by) because of their own superiority complex.

These guys work damn hard, and they enjoy it. That gives NOBODY the right to treat them like a lesser species. They should in fact be thankful for them and treat them with respect as they work twice as hard as the b******s who treat them so appalingly.

There was a similar incident on the Spirit with the Captain and the Sound Tech, Anthony and the Capatin weasled out of it. Me and the team were fuming, he didn´t even apologise. I´ve also had comments from Greek officer´s etc because they think it´s wrong that an English person should be working for as Filipino boss. Well excuse me for not being racist and realising that he´s actaully far more qualified!

So I wanted to ask if when you read this you could pray/send mojo for:
Dante and his family (wife and 3 small kids)
and the team on here to stay calm and sorted
and me to have patience with everything!

No comments: