Sunday, October 30, 2005

"We're not in Kansas anymore.."

In fact, I'm not entirely sure where I am.

Of all the feelings/emotions that I have experienced when leaving somewhere/finishing a contrcat and coming home, this has to be the weirdest. I feel like I'm in a permament state of limbo. Everyday reality comes a little more closer (and that's no picnic believe me!)but I feel like I'm dreaming and that at any moment I could wkae up. This also comes with a feeling of invincibility, which is slightly odd to say the least.

However getting home went pretty smoothly. Sat next to Cath form reception on the bus to the airport, guided Sarah's trolley around the terminal, ran to get to the gate in time and then we got treated as V.I.P's when the steward on the plane knew we'd been working on the ship!

Jo & Vicky had made a banner for me and bought me a little pressie and on my phone was a message form the Belgrade offering me Follow Spot work this week - crazy! (Panto's looking good then ;))

The evening and following day were chilled with a girly night in and yesterday was spent washing my grime covered car, seeing Dad and helping my mum decorate a hall. Also I went to see Son and Clare, yeyeyeyeyey Sanity! Son is pregnant, wOOt! Although she can't open the fridge without feeling neauseous :(

Church this morning was FAB. Had some speakers in who'd done a session with some folks yesterday about taking risks and opening our hearts to God. Just what I needed to get back into things. Saw EVERYONE!!!! Sarah with her gorgeous engagement ring, Abi looking cute, and various members of the youth looking about 1ft taller :)

In my absence I seem to have been appointed assistant Youth worker!! So this evening we're taking them bowling, tomorrow I'm chaperoning an "Alternative Trick or Treat" and Adrian has asked me to help him start and after school club at my old Primary school....you know...I'm sure I was supposed to rest!!! Seriously though, I'm really looking forward to it, it's cool to be involved in church stuff and to be useful!

Hopefully Sarah (dancer) is coming over this week to start her show reel stuff. It'll be nice to have a slice of ship life for a bit:)

No comments: