Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Niamh Cusack, Jenna Russell, Felicity Kendal and other reasons to go to the theatre!*

Been back nearly 2 weeks now and definitely getting a sense of itchy feet/hands. Have finished sorting out the order of service for the wedding today - just got to find some suitable paper for the outside now (trip to Hobbycraft coming up - a dangerous place for me to enter!) and also to do the model for the top of the cake. The strange things one ends up doing for a wedding! I finally managed to get to the Dr's today to tell them about the beta-blocker period on the ship - now I have the joys of yet another ECG/EKG and a set of 'fasting' bloods on Monday - must remember "nil by mouth" :(

I was coming online tonight to check emails, send copies of the O.o.S to folks who need it and have a quick surf. However since I've been back I've had 'Born and Bred' on as a background/before sleep distraction and once again have felt the injustice at being denied another series. (Although I do understand the reasons - especially from a cast point of view - still a 'clear up' 2 episode special wouldn't go amiss ;) !)
Due being out of the country when it was on, I had to wait to see series 4 until it came out on DVD - which then took me a while to get round to watching because I knew what happened in the first episode, knew what my reaction would be and didn't really want my cabin mate walking in on me. (which she did any way - right at a crucial moment - love you LauraR :))

So I thought I'd have a look and see if anything was happening. Whilst rootling around I discovered that Jenna Russell is in a play at the mo called 'Amy's view' at the Garrick in London - which is starring.......Felicity Kendal

Well, I've now got a determination to go and see this as it stars 2 of my favourite actors, something I haven't felt about a play in a long time! It's a bit like the time Niamh Cusack was in 'As You Like It' at the RSC and I managed to persuade the Theatre Studies teacher to take the A-Level group and me to a pre-show talk - I was only in Year 11 and missed 3 classes to go! - Not a typical me thing to do but that's how determined I was! Also, as a result I have 2 David Tenant (Dr Who if anyone doesn't know) autographs from before he was all famous - nice bloke too :) (As well as attending that fabulous Uni the RSAMD!)**

The only problem is the getting back from London at that time of night and the £30 ticket price especially as I just spent my bonus on somChristmasas presents but mostly on getting my lovely Moffy back on the road. Still I am determined, and if I can persuade a school to let me miss 3 lessons I'm sure I can manage this!

*Yes this is the longest title ever
**Yes this is the longest post about my industry without it being something I'm involved with!

Edit: Here is "The Stage" review of the play with photo

No comments: