Wednesday, November 29, 2006

rodrigo y gabriela

I have to dedicate this post to this amazing duo from Mexico. I walked into Fopp in Touchwood, Christmas shopping with a friend of mine and a track from their self-titled album was playing. For the first time ever I was actually paying attention to the track that was playing in a shop, and it rocked!



They play classical acoustic guitar in a style that I can only dream about managing with such rhythm, pulse and passion that you can't help feeling like you're in the middle of a fiesta! I immediately went to the guy behind the counter and inquired as to where I could find the album and promptly bought it.

I've read the slip inside and they've had an amazing journey - from their home country, to busking for their rent in Copenhagen to being 'discovered' and getting an album produced. They pay tribute to all the people who they've met on their way including a homeless guy in Copenhagen and the crocodile man from around where they live who is on a one man mission to save the local rare breed.

Anyhoo, I have an early start tomorrow, driving to Leeds to see some peeps so must go to bed. Please follow the links and listen to their music my favourite track at the moment is Orion but it changes every time I listen. Have Fun :)

No comments: