Sunday, April 01, 2007

Facebook is wayyy to addictive

Lackage of posting due to too much time on Facebook.

Also due to the fact that the weather has been glorious and I have far better things to do than sit on here all the time (well, unless it involves Sims2 Pets and a glass of wine!) when it is actually sunny and vaguely warm outside.

I spent today mostly doing laundry and de-brambling the rockery by the pond. There is something extremely satisfying about following the root of a bramble and finally pulling the whole bloody, prickly thing out of the soil - feels as though you should punch it up to the sky and yell. On the downside my arms look as if a demented kitten has been having a go at them!

Dave Walters and I did a drama in church this morning. The theme was Palm Sunday and the cruxifiction. This was the first serious drama I've done in church for ages (if ever) and it was great. It was an unusual service but worked so well. The kids went out for the drama and the short talk afterwards - unusual because it was a family service - and Adrian did a talk for them. The sketch we did was called 'Death Row' and when I watched it on the DVD it really brought home to me the amazing sacrifice the Jesus made for us. I hope that the performance we gave this morning did the same for those there.

I have started work at another local pub as of Friday (it also happens to be our watering hole after rehearsals so I have to make a good impression!) the Coach and Horses. It is a free house and serves real ale, as well as beer from the local Weatheroak brewery. So nice to work in a real pub not belonging to a huge chain where dogs can lie by the fire on flagstones and the regulars chat and play cards in one room whilst others sit on the leather sofas, comfy seats and cube shaped stools in the upper part of the other bar.

Rehearsal went really well on Wednesday, think I've finally got Irene's character sorted out and had a really good go at the argument bit with Tony which is starting to feel pretty strong! Now all I have to do is lose about a stone and we're all done :)

No comments: