Saturday, April 28, 2007

How to change your life in 48 hours......

This is just a quicky as I'm leaving in a bit to attend Mr D's funeral. It's going to be a weird combination of emotions as I'll probably be seeing people I haven't seen for the best part of 8 years but for such a horrible reason.

I got the job at the Royal High School! The day was great and I was the 4th person (of 5) to have my final interview. I left the school around 3pm and they rang me at 4:15 to offer me the job and on the top pay scale (which probably means I'll have to live in a shed in Bath but there you go!) so that was wonderful news - I was very excited! The contract came yesterday so now am still excited but mixed with trepidation and that odd feeling that comes with reading the contract for something and the actual reality of doing the job!

Also the day after that I got a phone call form the cruise ship people asking me when I was available to work. I explained about the new job, the fact I shall be Nannying for my friends with Abi & the Twins in August and that I'm in a play for the next 2 weeks and the moving house the following week. Wasn't really expecting anything, but he rang me back 10 mins later and offered me 2 months work as Lighting Tech on the Celebration over the summer - how cool is that!

So all in all an unnerving week but with some very exciting things to look forward to.

There are some photos of rehearsals of 'The Dresser' here (new ones, for anyone who checked before) including some of me in most of my costume (complete with most of my legs on show - albeit in 100 denier black tight - I kid you not). It's feeling great so here we go into another production week.......

No comments: