Tuesday, November 20, 2007

That post eBay feeling...

Well, after my ponderings in the last post I finally bit the bullet, had a good scout round various sites and decided that the quickest & easiesit way to get a car was via eBay - and tudah, I am now the proud owner (well, when I pick it up) of a '93 Renaalt Clio. It's a purpley blue color witha 1.2 litre engine and hints ever so slightly at the boy racer - however, it's reliable, MOT'd 'til summer next year and taxed for a couple of months so is just what I need. I set my limit and came in £100 under it.

Feeling a bit shaky now but I guess you always get that when you spend a fair bit of money on something. Still even though the garage let me borrow the Vauxhall for free I've still had to fork out £50 to insure it for just over a week so I figure that in the long run this will definitely be cheaper! Also the lovely Martin Fox did some ringing round and found a Moggy man with a rear diff for for Moffy - and only £60 - seen as a new one was going to be about £350 I feel that I have hopefully made some good choices today....

Still we'll see when I pick up the new (to me!) car, which will be hopefully either tomorrow or Thursday :)

Now to spend some quality time on the Mofster.

No comments: