Wednesday, July 02, 2008

9 days to go

Wow, 9 days and I will have completed my first crazy, eye opening, fun, challenging, nutty, inspiring first year at RHSB!

At the moment I am smack bang in the middle of the Junior School's production of 'Blast Off!'. With a fabulous rocket built by the amazing Tom the caretaker and lots of LED's and smoke machine ducting it looks amazing and the girls are doing a great job. It's all good fun and it's been interesting working down there and getting to know people better.

Next week is 'Activities Week' at school. The girls are off timetable for 3 days and can chose to do a variety of things. We are doing a production of 'Redeeming Lizzie Reeve' (written by the headmaster!) which involves students, ex-students and even 5 members of staff (including me!) I have 5 girls doing costume design, 2 ASM's (who are shadowing me DSMing) and 1 doing LX design. It's been the first time I've really got to design stuff - JGB wanted the whole production in Black & White - to look like an old photo. Certainly going to be interesting, it's a melodrama and everyone is having a high old time over-acting!

Am officially moving to the gatehouse over the summer. However the flat will not be as such because they will be building.......THE THEATRE!!!!! Yey! We got planning permission. I've been involved with a couple of meetings so far and the plans look really good. It will be brilliant for the girls and also a highly versatile space which is just what we need there! So I will have a couple of rooms to make myself at home in and hopefully something will can be sorted out later in the year.

No comments: