Friday, July 25, 2008

Bex and Moffy's trip to France

Well, we made it - and with no trouble on Moffy's part whatsoever!! (my driving skills after 6 hours were sorely tested at one point, when coming off a roundabout and not being able to work out which side of the road I was supposed to be on - despite the arrow I have helpfully LX taped on my dashboard.)

Ferry crossing was fine - felt odd to be on a ship again - I read the safety instructions and found my muster point, just like old times :)

It started raining just as I picked Vicky up from the station and then got steadily heavier as we found the campsite and put the tent up. So we shoved as much stuff as we could fit on the plastic inside the tent and escaped to E'Leclerc - to buy more plastic :) So am now sat in a cafe/coffe house/bar/restaurant which Vicky tells me is the hang out of Couriers in the area, and trying to dry off.

Have had fun watching the French react to my car - I always love seeing how people respond to her when I'm not in her, it's cool that Morris Minors make people smile - for whatever reason!

Am v. tired and it has stopped rqining so hopefully heading back to the tent for some hot chocolate, a film and some oh so welcome sleep....zzzz

P.S There'd better be some sun tomorrow or someone's going to have some serious explaining to do!!!!!

No comments: