Monday, July 21, 2008

House sitting, House moving, House hopping

Ha ha, a week into the holidays and I finally get chance to update!

First the MOST IMPORTANT news - I have Moffy back!!! Yey!!!!!!! She is shiny (especially the 4 new wings! and working fine. Am taking it nice and easy this week though because....

I'm hopefully visiting Vicky in France next week - have booked the Ferry and thought I had booked the campsite - although apparently they don't check their booking system, because I rang today and they had no knowledge of my booking - and no spaces!! So am franctically trying to find somewhere else to stay - how hard can that be at the beginning of the school holidays on Brittany......?!?!

Having a gorgeous time house sitting for the Deputy head - so far no roses have died and no cats have snuck in so all is well. Have moved into gatehouse with the assistance of a couple of lovely members of staff. I say moved -my stuff is there in boxes - particularly helpful when I needed to find my first aid it the other day (delayed allergic reaction to either bleach or gloves I was wearing to clean) and took me half an hour to locate the Clarityn - obviously not a violent reaction but the skin on my face and hands would not agree! It's a reminder of how bad my eczema used to get, nice :)

And what of the quiet village I left behind? Well on the day of moving the freezer - in fact whilst I was putting it in the van this happened just round the corner - I only heard the shouting, but scary!

Am having a slighty stressful time at the mo with a couple of things which probably aren't going to resolve themselves very easily, which sucks because I could really do with some chill time and a break. Hopefully something can be sorted but who knows.

I am sad also this week because [drum roll please..] Rosie and Frazer (Natalie Saleeba & Ben Lawson) left Neighbours. Yes, I appreciate in the grand scheme of my TV life that this is no 'Kate dying in Heartbeat' moment but still; I will always hold a special place in my memories for some strong acting, a fine piece of chemistry-casting and at least one couple on TV today who "waited 'til the wedding" :)

No comments: