Thursday, April 02, 2009

so...about that marking

Have just spent a lovely 4 days chillaxing in Coventry.
Vicky is back from Ireland for good, hand in plaster and now mooching - what will happen next?

The show went really well on Saturday - think it was the best I had ever sung it. Pam agreed which was reassuring and then had a text off the choral mistress (Anna) at school and she congratulated us and said I had a great voice..... I was all warm and fuzzy :) Stayed until about midnight to help clear up and then had to go home pack, tidy up etc so got to bed about 1am..or make that 2am with the hour forward an' all. Then up at 6 to drive myself and Matt up to Cov for Jo's Birthday BBQ. Fabulous weather and a great day. I am proud indeed that I managed to keep the coals at a good cooking temperature form 12 midday until around 9pm.

There was fun on the actual birthday morning as one of the housemates and her fiance bought Jo the same present as Me and John (Jo's bf) but we decided not to let Jo open the other one and get her something else. I was mightily impressed with John's ability not to crack under the laser like questioning form Jo as to the exact make and model of the afore mentioned present!

Had a brain wave later in the morning, rushed into town, avoided the shoplifter, closely followed by the securtiy guard and trailed by the shopper , and bought her Mario Kart for the Wii plus an extra wheel. It seemed to go down well.

Have spent the last couple of days wacthing some Gilmore Girls and visiting some folks. Got to meet Jessica (new addition to the Parker brood, and one of the most chilled babies I have ever seen!) and saw Wythall Theatre company rehearsing their next production 'Steel Magnolia's'. It was good to see the folks again and also Sarah and Kate (both friends from Church) are in it and I was blown away by their acting (especially Sarah!) I cannot wait to see the final product :))))

So now I am about to head home and actually get some work done....no. seriously....I will.

No comments: