Thursday, March 04, 2010

Sometimes I could kick myself

I've just read on someone else's facebook page that the deadline for Lee Abbey Leadership forms was Monday - nuts. I've agreed to head up the AV team again (despite getting back form Oz 2 days before - so what's new! So I guess I really should have got that in. Problem being I've lost my CRB form for LA and what with 'the move' I've got no chance of finding it (which means applying again!).

Also I've got a horrible feeling that BLOG rehearse over the summer and missing 4 weeks would be an issue but missing 6 would probably mean I couldn't do the show. Although, at the minute, they don't seem to have a definite date, and unless it falls before or IN the october half term I'm not going to be able to do it anyway! So frustrating.

Been to BLOG rehearsal tonight. Managed to screw up standing in a diagonal line, twice - but then we had just swapped positions and before that I was managing fine, felt bad because the choreographer's lovely and had already asked three times! Never mind, practise makes perfect and this is all coming back to me very slowly.
I think that doing Tartuffe and then gig night when I was ill and having to project may also have done something unpleasant to the old vocal chords. I don't seem to be able to hold certain notes as clearly or successfully as I could before then. For a while I though it was because I was still recovering for the cold (took ages!) but now I'm not so sure :( I was never going to be a professional but would be gutted if my voice is kaput. Still, we shall endeavour.

Today a Fridge/Freezer was delivered to the bedsit when I happened to be in. It will fit in the kitchen (although I may lose the use of a cupboard door!) but I need to take about 2cm of a small ledge - job for the weekend!

No comments: