Wednesday, January 18, 2012

A gutsy bottom end

So I had my practise for the audition I may or may not be doing on Thursday, last night. I'm generally not too good in singing auditions - I'm either too relaxed and familiar or so nervous I forget the words, the music and the breathing.

Last night was very chilled due to it just being a practise with the Director and MD, just as well as, having gone to the trouble of writing my words out only to leave them at home! I sang 'I want to go to Hollywood' from Grand Hotel (one of the shows that will be included in the concert) which I didn't know before but having listened to it several times I really like it and have been busily singing away to it in the car for the last 2 weeks :)

For the first time in my life I managed to sing something in front of someone the same way I manage to sing it when I'm on my own, I fluffed some of it but generally I managed to do some good belting. The result of which was being told I have 'a gutsy bottom end'. I shall take this as a compliment, look at the other song that I was told to and then go back on Thursday and see if I can get through it without stopping, hopefully retaining my gutsy-ness!

Tonight is the first blocking rehearsal for Blood & Ice, I've managed to learn the first 6 pages or so, although I'm fairly sure I'll forget all of it as soon as I stand up for blocking!

No comments: