Sunday, July 25, 2004

Drive In's rule!

My Day off was a bit of a wash-out - literally. It was throwing it down when I left - but I drove the scenic route to the rafting place. Got there too late though :(

Still I did stop for uch in a great little town called Calicoon. Found some funky/random presents and generally pottered. It was hot and sunny there, which was nice - and the drive was great.

So could not go for aquatic fun but then decided to have a drive round Sullivan county. I went round nearly all the lakes! TRhen about 7:30 I decided I'd like to find the Drive-In Movie theatre. I drove in terrential rain down route 17, looking behind me avery 10secs (that's the only way you can see the screen!) I was just about to give up when ...there it was.

I took the next exit and turned back on myself and found it - man it looked dodgy going in! It was sooo cool though! You drive in get your ticket tell them which 2 movies you want to see, and the lady tells you which screen (there are 2) and what staion to tune your radio to (that's how you get the sound!)
It was just so cool to actually be at a drive in - and I saw 'I-Robot' and 'Anchorman'.

Eventually - I'm going on that flippin' river!!!!!

No comments: