Thursday, July 08, 2004

A: Hell Week Q: This time is known as.....

bluegh,

I'm shattered. Tonight was the last night we could go out until next Wednesday as this is performance weekend and the new kids arrive on Monday - how fast does this summer really have to go!?!?!?! SO I had a drink and a coupla games of darts. Got in, got half way up the stairs and remembered I hadn't done my rehearsal report or signed in so I came careering down to do both and fortuitously the computer was also free so I htough I would post as I haven't in a while!

It was sneek peek tonight so all the cast got to see a 3/5 minute bit/ hash together of each other's shows. They're looking really funky. Zeke (Musical Director) had a 'moment' during our's - somehting about turning 3 pages instead of one) so the Quintet in West Side Story changed key, went a bit wobbly and then carried on! The kids were fine though. It's been going pretty well, we've had a kid called Thomas (from Guatemala of all places!) who needs a good kick in the rear and who's had more early curfews for lateness than probably anyone in the history of Stagedoor, but the cast generally have been great (if very talkative). Got some photo's to post but can't do it just now. Dress Rehearsal is tommorow evening, everything's looking good :)

I've read 5 books since I've been here. I've just read no.1 in the "A Time to..." ST:TNG series 'A Time to Be Born'. I bought numbers 1 + 2 off amazon (highly exciting to receive a box at camp!)'cos I had seen 4+5 around but couldn't find 1. Now various trekkies on camp are borrowing it. Finished it in 3 days - good read, especially for anyone who loves the characyters - great to see Wesley getting back in - some solid character work even if the dialogue is a tad unbelievable at times.

Anyhoo, no time for book reviews I must go to bed before I flop onto the keyboard!

No comments: