Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Small Miracle's

Well, I guess no miracle is small but the item concerened is.

At about 12:15am on Saturday morning some g*t stole my Wallet, Phone + Mini-disc player (a present from my Dad) out of my bag at work. I know the time because from 12-2 there was only 2 staff there with bags in the cloakroom and one of them was a carrier bag that obviously didn't look like a viable target. Somewhere on the reams of CCTV we have their faces (although I have my suspicions about a group of about 5 guys who tried to gate crash upstairs and generally made themselves look like complete t*****s and before getting moved down by security) and if I ever see them again - no mercy.

So if you live in the central Birmingham area and someone you know has just aquired a light grey 'Quicksilver' wallet along with RAC membership/National Trust Membership and Morris Minor Owner's Club Membership (although strangely, doesn't own one - and wouldn't be seen dead in one) and has apparently given blood in Scotland then do leave a message.

As you can imagine I was a bit peeved. Mainly about the inconvinience, although strangely I didn't feel like my privacy had been violated or particularly upset. But then I had been having funny thoughts about stuff getting nicked all day(should've taken the hint really!)and I think I was in a bit of shock. I was also so angry at the guy's who'd done it, I mean, just 'cos there too lazy to get off their arses and do something about getting a job that would mean they could buy stuff/get cash for themselves they take it from other people and this somehow helps them feel better. To me it seems like it would make them feel worse and not like they actually owned anything they had and that's why they have so little regard for property; their own or other people's.

The police were there until 3:30am and then I got to come home and cancel my card's etc.

I was a tad worried about coming home. I had no phone and no RAC card should something go wrong with the car (it was one of 'those' days - anything could happen!) but we made it safely.

The main thing I was stressing about was my Driving Licence. It has all your detail's on it, including your address, and I was really worried they'd try and use the information to do something.

I prayed hard about it over the weekend, and then this morning the miracle occured.
A Lady (Claire) appeared at the front door. Her Father-in-Law is a Street Cleaner in B'ham City Centre (you know, the one's with those funny machines) and whilst he had been cleaning out the rubbish from the sweeper he'd found my Driving Licence! And as she lives in Wythall he'd passed it on to her and she'd come to drop it off!!!! How amazing is that!

No comments: