Wednesday, October 13, 2004

A Woman's Perogative

After yesterday's post I was a little apprehensive about rehearsal this evening - I shouldn't have been.

It was a blast. Far less pressure, there was only about 8 of us there and we were concentrating on the first 17 pages so a lot more character work got done. I now have to be a lot more 'forceful' and Adam is a bit more 'horrible'(for want of a better word) and it helped out first scene soooo much! Changed the blocking a bit and had about 5 different direction's for one particualr part - mainly all the men wanting to see more of me! Finally went with my Dad's idea (!?) of lying back on the sofa and being 'enticing'! Oh yes, it's gonna be a riot!

They also cut the bit where I bend over with my behind to the audience and then twist round to lie on top of Adam, whilst kissing him. Am so glad, makes it more funny, less hazardous and a hell of a lot easier. Now I just hoik my skirt up and kneel astride him before lying on him - and hopefully not crushing him!

If you're coming to see the show then watch my arm muscle's at this point because I am having to hold myself above him and then pull him up with me when I sit up - they will be strained!

Set/Scenery painting on Saturday, hopefully get some photo's and achieve my usual trick of colouring Beryl's hair!

On an unrelated note, I received all my paper work from PEEL this morning and so now have to plow through it all and send it back. It include's Medical's (for some reason they need a chest X-ray, thinking a foot one might be more helpful in my position!), E111, A Seaman's Log from the Bahamian Authorities (WTH?) etc. So gonna be killing a small rainforest but hopefully will get everything sorted soon!

Oh yes, and am meeting a tall, handsome man in town for drinks on Saturday......

No comments: