Friday, January 14, 2005

Back in Santa Cruz

well here we are bcak at the beginning!
Here as promised is a photo of my Birthday pressies:




Isn´t the dog cute! I´ve put a fair few more photo´s up on my group so if you follow the "Snap´s, Photo´s and Pic´s" link in the sidebar you can peruse at you leisure.

Had a pretty good week. Am definitely settling down now. The Kareoke machine decided to have a ´moment´last night and I remained calm so I feel I have made some progress ;)

We were docked in Morrocco at some point this week (days have ceased to exist!) and I had an allergic reaction to the water in my shower! I think there must have been to much chlorine in it or soemthing (we take on water from whatever port we´re at) and I got out of the shower to find that my legs and forearms looked like a particularly vicious ant had been very hungry! So I had a slight panic (as it continued to get worse!) and then had to get a form to see the doctor.

Not sure where this doctor is from but he´s obviously not seen many allergic reacitons as he told me to go away and come back at 5pm (crew hours). Now I´m a rational person and I understand that there are crew hours, but when someone is standing in front of you blatantly having a reaction to something you DON´t tell them to come back in 7 hours!!!!! Anyway I stood my ground and he gave me some Clarityn and some gel to take the lumps down. The redness went by the next day so it wasn´t too bad.

Must go and get supplies for the week - Cola and Sweets!

No comments: