Friday, February 18, 2005

Fizzy Cravings

In the team meeting yesterday Richard (Cruise Director)informed us that we are half way through our Canary Islands tour - another 8 weeks of this and then we´re off to the Med. He then went through all the ports we will be visiting there and it sounds amazing! Barcelona, Rome, Ibiza, Villefranche and all sorts of other places (most of which I haven´t heard of!) but we get more time to explore when we´re there so it should be cool :)

I´ve had a fun morning with the guys from the ´Freedom Band´ in a music shop. I´ve reserved an electro acoustic nylon stringed guitar, and it´s pretty sweet. It has a thinner body which makes it easier (and sooo much more comfortable) for me to play and it has a great sound. I can´t buy it ´til I get paid next but I can´t wait!

Not that I´ve had a lot of time this week. We had LOADS of kids on (of all ages!) so kids zone needed help with some extra activities inc. Family Bingo and a Junior Talent Show. So much work for 20 minutes - the kids had a blast though so it was all worth it :)

I sang on Karaoke last night. I was the first time anyone on here has heard me sing and I was really nervous! Fortunately there was only the 2 guys doing Karaoke who were in there from the team so it wasn´t too bad. I sang ´Don´t Know Why´ by Norah Jones and I think it went pretty well ;) I think the glass of red wine that David (Ass. Cruis Dir.) bought for me probably helped, although I was still shaking!!

We have appraisals this week, eeek!?!

I´ve given up fizzy drinks for Lent. When I was a kid we were only allowed fizzy drinks on a weekend (in fact I think that still applies at home - mum?) so this should not be a problem. However having worked in bars and having been on this ship for the last 2 months where the drink flows freely (well...almost!) I think I might have gone a little carbonated crazy. Right now I would love nothing more than a long cold glass of coke! I feel like I´m turning into an orange juice I´ve drunk so much of the stuff - I can´t find orange squash anywhere....*sniff*

Anyhoo, must head back and clean some mics, check they´re working, and see if the lighting board is going to co-operate with the manual :)

No comments: