Friday, February 25, 2005

I´m sorry....what?!

That may possibly be you response after reading this - it was certainly mine when the situation arose 3 days ago.

I am not staying on the Spirit until June 17th.

I am now leaving on the second week of April, going home for a holiday (ha!) for a week and then being flown to ´The Destiny´ to work for the summer sailing round the Med.

Crazy how things can change in a week huh?

The Destiny looks like this:




It is bigger than the Spirit but only has the same amount of passengers. It is the new addition to the Thomson fleet and I will basically doing the same job I do now aboard there only with more Stage Management duties and I´ll be sharing the DJing and Tech stuff with someone else.

It was such a tough decision to make but I was really flattered to be offered it and it sounds like it´ll suit me down to the ground.

The down sides are that I´m going to have to leave this team, who I get on with really well, and start getting to know a whole new set all over. I know I do this all the time when I move jobs and contracts at home but for some reason this time it´s different. Still I might get to see them, as the Destiny follow´s the Spirit´s path around the the Med, so hopefully I´ll get to say hello!
Also I only get one week at home to sort my whole life out until November which is going to be a bit of a tall order (as it is probably going to involve moving all my stuff from Leeds back to Birmingham!!). Also I won´t get to do the Big Event in Birmingham and I won´t see my family and friends much :(

Still I would have been a fool if I´d have said no and I spent 2 days agonising over it so now I feel that I have made the right decision by Sense if not by Sensibility!

No comments: