Thursday, August 25, 2005

Su Doku

Yes, I realise I am behind the entire human race on the isle of Britain, but last night I did my first Su Doku puzzle (and then another 5 whilst DJing, but whose counting!)

I love logic puzzles, when my mum used to buy me the puzzle compendium (my sisters got cool magazines, I asked for a puzzle compendium - sums me up really!) they were the first puzzle´s I would turn to. Richard (CD) has given me a book of them, so this week instead of scaring the heck out the Vicks by reading 4 James Patterson books in 5 days, I´m going to work my way through these puzzles! Check Out Sudoku.com.

I am typing freely as my right hand is now free of the cast, there´s a lovely coloured bruise all along the bone and it feels stiff and tingly, but all in all it is much better. The swelling went down after about a week and the last couple of days I was able to do a lot more things without it hurting (putting my hair in a ponytail being one of them!) So now I can finally write those Pompeii postcards (we´re back there again this week but don´t think I´ll brave it!)

We´ve had some real...hmmm...how can I put this without being rude...."characters" on the ship this week. Mostly of the teenage variety. I´m not sure where their parents were but I´m pretty sure if they ever found out what their little "darlings" were up to they´d never let them out of their sights again! Still only 1 or 2 weeks left of the sumer holiday and they can go back to asserting their independence and power complexes at school.

Books: Have read James Patterson - Cradle and All & Violets are Blue (see side bar under Reding:)). Both excellent books, although the ´Winged Children´ books are tighter these two are still fast paced and full of tension, although I did figure out who "Mastermind" was at the beginning of ´Violets are Blue´, but then I can usually guess the twist in anything!

Oh and my Dad pointed out that I never mentioned what happened to young Daniel´s arm. Well, nothing really ...... it got a bit scratched ........ (hastily adds) but my actions did have the desired effect and he never got near my bag!

No comments: