Monday, November 21, 2005

Happy Birthday BMMOC - 25 this month!!

Ah yes it's that time again. Today I spent 8 hours doing panto fit-up at the Belgrade. Tomorrow Iam their from 9am-10pm and Wednesday the same. (so I guess I should get to bed soon!)

It's been good getting back into the swing of things. There were some new faces around which was cool, and we actually managed to get quite a lot done. I have been given the option of Sound Op-ing for the actual show.... This is a pretty big deal and a whole lot of responsibilty (not to mention concentration!)I would have to live mix the band and the cast (somewhere in the region of 10 radio mics!) although the main thing is the "muting" - essential timing required!! ;)

Theoretically this should be fine for me...But I'm still not really decided. I have experience mixing groups and music from the ship, this is pretty different but would also be a good challenge and experience for me..hmmmmmm.....

The reason I didn't work the whole 9am-10pm today is that I had to go to the Birmingham branch of the MMOC (Morris Minor Owners Club) meeting tonight as it is the 25th anniversary of the first meeting this month --pretty cool. Especially as after the 3rd meeting (there's one a month) my mums water's broke and away she went to the hospital to have me - so it's kind of a poignant I guess! :S

No comments: