Saturday, September 29, 2007

A Wedding, A House Warming and a new TV Show

Last weekend was my step-brothers wedding. It was held in the lovely church in Great Alne and despite the threatning weather at the beginning of the day was very beautiful. They even arrived and left the church in a helicopter - how cool is that!

I stayed in Coventry on the Friday night, but didn't get there 'til gone midnight as it took just a little while to get Moffy sorted. This involved the lovely Andy from Charles Ware racing to my aid with a water pump gasket so that I could pull it out and easily get the (by this point) extremely irksome by-pass hose on. But huzzah it worked and I even got to meet the last of my neighbours - who very sweetly bought me some snickers bars whilst she was in Asda :)

Last night was Vicky's Birthday Party/The Coventry House Warming Party so I drove over again. It was a very cool evening - everyone was dressed up and we all were very grown up and 1970's chatting with glasses of wine and nibbles. Met some very cool peeps and everybody looked tres elegant :)

The new TV Show I have discovered is called 'Back to You'. I found out about it because I was looking at ELR stuff and it showed up becuse Patrician Heaton is in it. Then I discovered that Kelsey Grammer (of Frasier fame) is also in it and it was then that I had a desperate need to find out more. My friend from school (who now lives in the states) saw my coment on 'facebook' and led me to a link so I could watch the pilot and I have spent a very pleasant hour this evening watching that and then finding other stuff on You-Tube. I'm guessing I'm gonna have to keep up with it this way as it won't get over here for oooo 3 years judging by past experience. It was a bit weird seeing Patricia and Kelsey together in something but the writing is pretty solid and they are brilliant along with the support cast so it was very easy to get into and 'get' the characters. Oh yes, I feel another random US DVD colection coming on! (to add to my Dick Van Dyke Show one)

School is going well, definitely in full swing now! Just have to make sure I write everything down and NOT get anybody's names mixed up....hmmmmmm.....

No comments: