Monday, September 17, 2007

Week 3 - Big Head rides again

Ah the puns...
It's going well, the job is fab and is about to hit full pelt as there's a Young Leaders conference this weekend and so I have to get all the equipment I just took off the rig back up and all sorted before Wednesday evening - piece of cake.....

Having fun doing the music-y stuff. Mostly adding sound to Powerpoint stuff, sorting file formatting problems and helping out in the yr8 classes. Not properly made it down to the Junior school yet (only once for a flying visit - their caretaker had built a full-size darlek and it was sat on stage - very odd!) so will try and fit that in this week as the Memorial Hall will be off limits for anything!

I now have 20 girls on the Performance Support team which is brilliant - they're all so keen as well!

I discovered the much ballyhooed cycle path between Bristol and Bath yesterday. it runs straight pas Bitton along an old railway line - where a steam trains now run. I went to Nicola's which is one stop down and far easier to get to by bike than by car! I did make a trip to Halfords first (with a HUUUGE Bikehut) and bought some lights, some gloves (for winter my hands go numb very quickly), a puncture repair kit and....a helmet. I had been waiting for my one from home. But I figured that I'd had that about 10 years and it probably wasn't going to do me huge amount of favours if I required its protection so bought a new one. A very shiny purple effort, very nice.

However it turns out that part of the plastic webbing was broken so I took it back this evening. I thought I'd measure my head before I picked out a replacement...and the result......yes, folks, I had to pick a bloke's helmet because of my weirdly large noggin. The only reason that purple one had fitted was because it was broken :( *sniff* I also bought a vaguely improved saddle - 'cos I gotta tell ya, sitting down today has not been fun!!!

I have decided to kit myself out with this because when I work on my car (more on that in a mo) I may not finish by the morning and I can cycle to work. Hopefully the more I do it the less scary it will be and I can try and cycle twice a week for some much needed exercise ....... 'the hill' however remains a sticking point - still I can always get off and walk......or park my bike and take the bus....... :S

Yes, so, on Saturday I went to the, again much ballyhooed, Bath Morris Minor Centre....except it's not in Bath now it's in Bristol....and is actually called Charles Wares...but apart form that a brilliant description..huh hmmm. What thoroughly nice folks they are. One of the guys came out and looked at Moffy's mysterious leak. We came to the conclusion it was the by-pass hose, however he also said that my radiator looked as if it was about turn its toes up (something I've known for...ooo...2 years!)so I decided I may as well go the whole hog and replace the radiator and all the hoses while I was at it. Then I got to look round the workshops and see some Moggy's in various states of repair which was cool and he told me about everything they did. Nice place. And Moffy made some friends too.


So I was there bright and early at 8am to get the stuff. I even managed to get a brand new radiator not a refurbished one (no surcharge for me!) which was pretty sweet. Hopefully I'll be able to sort it out Wednesday/Thursday night. Definitely by the weekend though as I'm heading to Bidford for the weekend and don't want to have to keep stopping!

No comments: