Tuesday, January 06, 2004

A Continuation of the blog below..

I am actually writing this entry straight after writing the previous one. But the other one is quite long and the day that this is about - Sat 4th of Jan - was a truly crap day. Actually when I think about it (and probably as I'm typing) it won't sound so bad, but everything was getting at me that day.

*I have a really bad dream about the fact I thought I'd killed someone and was trying to hide the non exsitent evidence - so didn't sleep well and woke up early.

*Had to shift my stuff out of Jo's room 'cos she's coming back today so now back to sleeping on futon mattress on floor in living room - hey, at least I have the TV!

*They've moved the date of my operation without any explanation it is now the 5th of Feb which means less time to work after and more time hanging around before - instead of 4 days it's now 3 weeks.

*Got all excited 'cos I found out who was playing the fairy in spoof and then after the matinee Anna tells me they've cancelled it as if she was telling me she was going to the shops to get some milk. I ask how people feel about this and she say " All the cast know - you're the last one to know". Nice. Especially as I was supposed to be Cinders.
Now we are singing the songs at band night.
This sucks for 2 reasons - I was sooo looking forward to doing spoof, it's been one of the few things making having to watch the panto everyday interesting. I was looking forward to performing and having good fun doing it. And also - I now have to sing at band night which I didn't want to do in the first place because I'll get really self conscious - and before you say anything - there is a big difference between being on stage as a character and singing and standing on your own as yourself singing. But I'll do it so I don't let Anna down and it'll hopefully be a laugh.
Tried to be cheery for the rest of the day but my heart just wasn't in it.
[I don't blame Kav or Anna or anyone for it thing being cancelled - they've got good reasons to not want to do it - It was just disappointing after getting my hopes up. Also I had told quite a few people about it at home and everytime I tell people about something I really want to happen - it gets cancelled - like Clever Polly, so was hating the way my life works aswell]

*Dad and Jo came to watch in the evening - the only good thing! But we had major problems along the lines of....
-Sound guy thinking we had a 7o'clock show so being 15mins late
-One of the dimmers (things which control electricity to the lamps)
having a life of it's own and the scrollers (colour changers) deciding
to be on completely the wrong colours
-There was a family in the circle very close to me of which the
mother would continually chastise her children in a very loud voice
and tried to get them to join in but about 1 minute late every time.
It was so loud that it kept throwing my concentration
-Just generally people having weird days and funny vibes going on
backstage

*Get Home - start to relax and Jo comes through the door and starts to have a go at me for leaving the window open. I admit, a mistake, but the widest it opens is 3 inches and she's on the 1st floor with no way of getting to her window. Also about other things which really aren't that important but she can be really anal sometimes! It just wasn't what I needed and I told her so and she relented and brought me a hot chocolate mmmmmm....

Oh, and I tried to ring about 5 friends and they were all unavailable, so all in all it was a pretty crap day.

1st day off has been good though. Went to see me Granny and Aunt with Vix and Edd. (1st time they met Edd) and then saw Jo Gill to say Happy Birthday for the 1st of Jan - 1 day 'til mine - yey! Then went to theatre group this evening and read for a play - sort of. I'll probably not get a part 'cos if I want to be in it they usually have to pick the play specifically because of my age compared to everyone else - also I've just not acted in ages! Still it'll be good to get back in there!


No comments: