Wednesday, January 14, 2004

My Birthday and other stories...

It was indeed my birthday...last Wednesday - the 7th. And as in years previously only my family and 3 of my friends remembered. It's at such a bloody awkward time. Not close enought to Christmas to make it really obvious and in the week that everyone goes back to work/school/Uni and generally life gets back to normal - so it kind of gets lost in the maelstrom of happenings.

Alwyne and Juliet were great. They were really sorry they'd forgotten and the next day they bought me some lovely presents *warm and fuzzies*:) Caroline had kind of remembered but got the wrong day and a few others knew it was during the run but couldn't remember when. I had mentioned it several times - if someone mentions something like that to me - i remember. Maybe its just me, but its probably that people don't exactly listen to me as I chatter on!

Anyway I had a pretty good day really. Went out for a meal the night before. Got money and DVD's as presents - my mum bought me a video on Massage! Came to Coventry, played on the Gamecube, and then cam to do the panto. They got Mark (Buttons) to sing happy Birthday to me, so I had the joy of a PINK follow spot in my face (thanks to Dave) whilst I was spotting Mark, and then after got lots of hugs and drinks bought for me. Better than last year, spent curled up on the sofa in the throws of a chest infection - copying videos of the spoof!

The reason for the non-apperance of blogs for a bit was that I've been trying to get pictures on it. Then found that couldn't get camera coinnected to the computers here - then discovered that blogger are no longer offering blog*spot PLUS so couldn't anyway .grrrrrrrr. Never mind I shall find a way!

A bit hacked off because the Stagedoor Renion is 2 days after my Op and there's not a chance in hell that I'm going to be in any fit State to get there - NUTS! Boy, my life is just dandy at the minute innit'?

On a better note - I've completed the first bit of Zelda:The Wind Waker - hurray!! :? Also Wythall Theatre Company are planning for their next show (possibly "Memory of Water"- brilliantly written!) and I've decided to have a go reading for it. I'm going to be around for a bit and although I'll be on crutches for some of it I'll off them well before the production (in may). It'll be fun to act again - however the usual problem of being too young may crop up but it'll be a laugh to read anyway!

Oh also, fell over outside the Wing Wah Restaurant on Saturday night - after a great meal(they have a chef there who will cook the raw meat you pick and do the flaming thig with congac - v. cool!) and hurt me knee. I look like I'm about 6 years old again when you fall over and scrape your knee - only I swear this is twice as painful! I actally landed on my left knee and I can't real feel anything on the left side of knee cap. When it happened there were quite a few of the cast about and Mark Rattray went into 'Nurse' mode (He used to be a psychatric nurse before winning opportunity knocks) and helped me up! I felt like a right 'nana!

Anyhoo am on the prowl for a skirt - I know, don't keel over in shock, so must hit the sales - watch out - here I come!!!!

No comments: