Wednesday, August 25, 2004

I have THE Book Baby - oh Yeah!

Greetings from a chilled out British chick in Michigan!

Camp is over....wOOt! ANd we are free YEY!

NYC was like a mission - I knew exactly what I wanted and I went and got.
However at some point on my 1-hour-mad-dash-before-I-have-to-catch-the-plane I came out of the wrong subway station, and what to my wondering eye's did appear?

Barnes & Noble.

I'd come out on 5th Avenue by mistake, and found the bookshop I had been longing to find - and so I went in, straight to the desk and held my breath as the be-spectacled man behind the counter tapped in the information to find it.....

Yes! They had it. He led me over to the shelf - there was a gap on the bottom row...oh no... had the geek population of New York beaten me to it?.....

But HURRAH he put his hand into the void and pulled out......'Just a Geek'.

Wil Wheaton's book is now finally my posession - and I achieved my aim of buying it off the shelf from a bookstore in America, I am a happy geek!

Don't you just love coincidence?

I am going to save the reading spectacular until my 11 hour stop over in Newark airport though, expect a review next week sometime!!!!

No comments: