Monday, August 30, 2004

Crabs

Well, I thought I'd seen, or at least heard of, the most random things this country could offer but no, on Saturday the bar just got pushed that much higher.

I was in the Mall, just having been tot the Sears Sale (how cool that I went to Sears sale - man, now I really sound like a tourist!)and I see this big group of people around one of the carts (you know - the little kiosk things where the small business' are) so I went to look.

And there it was - the bizarrest pet's money could buy - Hermit Crab's. Yup, and not just any Hermit Crab's - but one's with painted shells: swirly colour's, flag's - SpongeBob Squarepants even. I can see the attraction for about a week - novelty factor and all - but what can they do really? I mean you can buy them a new shell - in fact a whole wardrobe if you felt like it, after all they can live in whatever they find to hide in. Apparently you only have to feed them once a week and clean their cage out twice a year, so not exactly high maintenance. But still, a Hermit crab, Really?

Struck me as weird, but hey, what do I know.

No comments: