Friday, September 10, 2004

Talk about long memory...

If you read the small paragraph at the top of my side bar you will find it says "happenings of my bizarre life"

Here is a case in point.

I get back from America - I am in a play, I have a job at PB and all is rosy for a while. As soon as I get back (a week ago) I start looking for work with YTV for after the play. I have done 3 work placements with them (mainly on 'Heartbeat') so I feel this is a do-able option.

2 days after my initial phone call one of my best friends - Penny - rings me out of the blue to see how I am etc, and mentions that she is having to find a flat in Leeds with her girlfriend. "Well, what a coincidence" says I, "I may have to move up there soon". So the flat hunt begins.

Yesterday - 5 days after that phone call, the flat is pretty much signed for and arranged and YTV have my CV.

This morning I was just pondering phoning them again to see how the land is lying when my mobile rang (actually this was about 5 mins ago!). I answered and it was PEEL, a company I interviewed for 2 years ago. They supply entertainment crew on Cruise ships - something I've always fancied having a go at. They were ringing to see if I was a) still interested, b) available and c) able to go for an interview in...Get this...Leeds! in a couple of weeks.

Well, now I'm in a quandary... They asked me to send them my CV - so I shall. But I don't know what to do about the whole flat situation and getting a job at YTV - arggghhh. Penny and Anna are signing for the flat - so when I move I'll be helping them pay the rent, bills, etc and the whole job situation with YTV could go either way. Hmmmmmmmm........

No comments: