Thursday, September 30, 2004

'We are sailing....We are sailing'

Am one very excited, scared + happy bunny right now!

One of the errands I had to run in Leeds was a job interview with the company mentioned in this post.

Well, it went pretty flippin' good if I do say so myself and...

I have a job - woooo, one that has something to do with my degree and utilizes skills learned at other degree related jobs (ie Pontin's!)

I am now the proud owner of the title: 2nd Technician(Sound+Light's)/DJ

On the Ship : Thomson Spirit

Which sail's around : The Canary Island's

Yeah baby - a cruise ship! The contract is for 6 month's and should be the most amazing experience. I have to do a SOLAS (Saftey of Life at Sea)Certificate course which starts the Monday after SYETE finishes and runs for a week in.....Leeds (man my life is just too d**n freaky sometimes) and then I start on the ship Decmeber 13th.

One of the only bad points about this is I'm not going to be at home for Christmas, or my Birthday, or Jo's(Sis #1)Birthday. Christmas is the major one. It'll be really hard being away, but being on the ship should be cool that day, as it's a family cruise so all the kids will be really excited :)

No comments: