Friday, July 27, 2007

Flat Viewing Day One..

Off I went down to Bath this morning with my map, my notebook (with prepared details and questions)and my camera all set for the viewing of 2 properties. I had the notes for the 2 today and 2 tomorrow just in case I needed to stay overnight for some reason - man I was organisation personified.

About 45minutes into the journey I got a phone call to say that the 1st flat I was to view tomorrow had been let. Well, probably not a bad thing as it was about £50pcm above my price range. I felt good - that meant no pressure about wanting the one I couldn't afford.

10 minutes later the phone rang again and - pulling safely over to the side of the road before answering - it was the agent for the 2nd property I was to see today telling me it had been let. Pants. That was the best value one actually in Bath centre.... still... obviously it was not to be and still I ventured on. (With a quick stop when Moffy overheated - nothing serious though, I assured myself - and we carried on)I arrived at the school in lots of time and walked into town to find the flat, got there early and spotted Waterstones about 5 shops down - huzzah finally I can pick up a copy of HP - nope, pre-orders only *tut*.

Gotta say, the flat didn't exactly hit me between the eyes and scream 'your new house' more sort of 'well....if I actually get desperate....I'll let you know'. But it did help that I have a level to work from and I have an idea about dimensions and the fact that my Council tax (if i live in the centre)is somewhere between 'oiych' and 'sproing'. Still I then had a lovely wander/route march around Bath going to all the Letting agents AGAIN and finding some more areas of town - I found the Smoothie/Milkshake place and the Chocolate cafe, I feel I have achieved something - also a place that deals in old guitars and another that sells mostly funky knobs.....of the door and drawer variety...obviously*rolls eyes* and many Stationary shops!!!! (It's an SM thing!)

So it's back to rightmove.co.uk and a couple of other websites and then down to Bath again tomorrow whence upon I sahll probably be informed that it has been let (I'm sure I saw someone looking like they were viewing hanging around outside!)...still God loves a tryer and boy am I doing him proud ;)

No comments: