Friday, July 27, 2007

On the spelling of my name.

I've just joined a fabulous group on facebook for anyone who constantly has to spell/explain their name to people. My name, lets face it, probably has one of the highest amounts of variations, shortenings and mis-spelling ever. Here is what I just posted on the wall which is a basic rundown of what used to happen every time I had o give my details over the phone. (I say used to because I have moved and my address now isn't half as amusing!)

"Rebbecca...yes that's with 2 B's AND 2 C's.no ..there's no K or H.....Middle Names?....Sally Ann...No, no they're not hyphenated...two seperate names....no, Ann does not have an E...Surname?...Key - as in door... Address? (it's OK - I don't live there anymore!)Ann Road..yup, that's Ann without an E again.....Wythall...*deafening silence*- W-Y-T-H-A-L-L...nope, no I in that.....Birmingham (please be able to spell that!) County? No we don't have a county....really, there is no county in our address.....Postcode (Well - we all know what that's like!)" Now substitue Beccy (yup...2 C's..no, no I) or Bex for Rebbecca and there is the fun I have everytime someone wants my details!!

A good group for a good rant I feel - I know I have a number of friends (and obviously my unfortuantely named sister Joanna - shorten it and put it together with our surname) who I feel would benefit from a quick sally over to this site to add to the large number of people who have this plight!

No comments: