Saturday, July 21, 2007

I guess I'd say I'm home!

It's Saturday night, I'm sat at Brett & Clare's house watching Jekyll and trying to sort out what to do next!

I got back to Birmingham airport yesterday to the rain that has been descending on the country. Brett bought Abi to pick me up from the airport and I said goodbye to me Dad. Going back to Wythall it became obvious how badly flooded it was becoming as it took us the best part of 45 minutes to do a 20 minute journey!

Rang Mum at about 9pm and all seemed good for the plan to get the train to Stratford this morning. However at 7am this morning I got the following text 'Don't even consider getting on the train - we're marooned here! Belongings from groundfloor spts all over stairs & landings & 7 refugees in our lounge'.

So I have spent a lovely day here with Clare, Abi and the Twins chilling out. Although it it is an odd feeling being homeless twice over! (especially as I'm just around the corner from my old home).

I had a great final 2 weeks on the ship. Jo decided not to come with Dad but we had a good week (even though Dad got his wallet nicked in Rome - Italian police stations are really quite nice!) and I got to spend some quality time with most of the team.

I've found myself really missing them today (esp. Vicky and Corey) - and working out what they would be doing at whatever time it is. Sad I know, but it's hard every time you come home from a ship as it's like going cold turkey on something, hehe!

So now I am looking for a place to live in earnest and hopefully I'll be able to make it down this week to look at some places - hopefully they're not underwater!

No comments: