Monday, July 30, 2007

moving along...sort of...

Oooo, exciting happenings. I went to view the flat in Bitton on Saturday and arrived promptly at 12 - shame the viewing was at 2 really! So I had chance to wander around the village. Everyone I met was very friendly and I took a potter to the church - which I discovered is called St Mary's (same as mine in Wythall) and a also took in the Spar, the Post Office and the Pub. It felt a bit like the Vicar of Dibley (the new curate is even a woman!) but a lovely place to live. So all was looking up - plus it was sunny AND I'd seen a yellow Morris Minor with a black roof on the way down (not that the colour is important but I thought it was quite cool!)so I had a quick trip to Asda (no H.P books there either...grrrr) and got some lunch then headed back and sat Soduko-ing for 1/2 hour.

The flat is very shiny!! Small, but shiny. It comes with all white goods, built in wardrobes, big windows, modern decoration and a lovely entrance way! Also, it's in the cheapest Council tax band - yey! Plus the lady who showed me round has a daughter starting school in Bath in September and she said it was an easy 15min drive into town even on the main road so that has pretty much put my mind at ease about commuting a little way. So yeah basically, I thought about it on the way home and decided that it felt good, was really affordable and there's room for visitors and I feel it is somewhere I could really chill out - which is the most important thing.

So I had to wait until this morning to ring and say I'd have it. Which was a little nerve-wracking 'cos someone had been to see it the day before me and I wanted to make sure I got in first!! So James was almost abandoned mid-feed whilst I was getting the phone and all the paperwork ready to call the Agents. So basically I now have put a Holding Fee down and they have to check my references etc. Hopefully I'll get a definite move in date and then I have to pay the rest of the stuff - scary money :( ooooo, exciting!

This evening I went to WTC and sat in rehearsal - so good to see everyone again! The next show is "A Murder Is Announced" by Agatha Christie and Tony is directing, can't wait. We went to the pub after and I am now working Thursday and Saturday!!! It was so cool to see the guys and I can't wait to get back behind the bar :)

No comments: