Thursday, May 20, 2004

The curtains up.....

Ah yes, All the preperation is over and the show openes last night to a small but appreciative house. The only cock-up was me forgetting a phone cue *blush* and only a couple of prompts were needed.

Monday was a bit of a nightmare. I was in the theatre for 13 hours. The Lighting plot went OK. But when we started the tech Mike and Pete wanted to change all my Gold cross light because they preferred the green blue I had put in for the beginning of the scenes *grrr* so then I had to replot as we were going along without being able to see the stage. Then they complained about not being able to see the faces in the ghost scenes and explained that I had no fronmt light to give them as it ws all being used in different colours and because they had taken out the cross light there was only the down light.

I got pretty upset (although they only heard me being terse - I went outside to my car to burst into tears and get it out if my system!)but battled through and then Mike and Pete were on a guilt trip for the next 2 days(took me out to lunch and everything!).I did get my own way on some of it, like the cross light is back in only blue-green, but a lot of it is heavily compromised which sucks a tad. Still, it was a good learning experience :)

Here are some pics...I've been trying to use the "hello" programme suggested by Blogger, but it's doesn't relly do waht I need - I have to find a way of making these pic's bigger on here without using the large versions on msn (which are too big) - one day I'll get there!




BACK STAGE

No comments: