Thursday, May 13, 2004

Man, I'm trippin'!

YEYEYEYEYYEYEYEYEYEY!!!

My Retina;s haven't got any worse, wOOt! I don't ahve o go back for check ups now. Just have to keep an eye out ('scuse the pun) for signs of retinal detatchment - but that won't be for quite a while now, hopefully!

WHen I arrived at the hospital this afternoon I was so engroseed in reading the parking tarriffs that I drove over the pavement barrier guiding you towards the entrance gate and ticket machine's, and probably gave Moffy's suspension the shock of it's life!

Got into the clinic and they put eye drops in which dilate my pupils. I had this last time so I sort of knew what to expect (except last time othey only worked properly in one eye!). Was told to go for a wander, so I duly did so, got meself a hpt chocolate and pottered to the Fracture Cliic to check my appointment there about my toes in two weeks. On the way back I bumped into Mrs. Shearn (Headmaster's Wife) and we had a chat. It was at this point that the drops really kicked in and the world starting moving just a tad slower than me and I entered that realm where only a certain illegal drug can take you :))))))

ANyhoo....... went back the guy looked at my retina's and said that all is as well as could be, and away I went. Unfortunately this did involve driving home - which I admit is not the smartest thing I've ever done.....You wouldn't believe how bright a grey sky and road markings become when you're pupil's are the size of saucers!


This was taken without flash, and about 1 1/2 hrs after the drops kicked in - they were bigger!

No comments: