Saturday, December 18, 2004

Bon Voyage!

Here I am.

Sat in my cabin having just removed the extra RAM I had put in my laptop before I left, because it decided it didn´t like it! It was an interesting experience - I had to be earthed to do it (static and that) so this invloved signing off the ship, walking down the gang plank, and sitting on a huge metal mooring pin. Still the sun was blazing and a fresh breeze was blowing, so the looks from the passing crewmen went almost unnoticed:)

I have a cabin to myself which is funky. I get this privilege because I keep much later hours than everyone else so I won´t be disturbing anyone (except possibly the passengers in the cabin next to me!

The flight over was alright. I was sat by a lady who was meeting her family at the airport for a holiday. We shared life stories whilst admiring the amazing scenery out of the cabin window. (Pic´s later)

It was the ships first day out of dry dock when I arrived. The mini-bus arrived and there was no gangplank to get on board. So me, my lñuggage and a few others were ´craned´onboard in a big metal cage. Was a tad dubious, but what a way to make an entrance!

No comments: