Sunday, December 19, 2004

DJ Bex in da house....

Yeah, not really convincing is it!

Tommorow we set sail for the first time. We´re heading for Santa Cruz, Tenerife. This´ll be my first experience sailing on a cruise ship and I have a packed day tomorrow so I´m hoping sea-sickness isn´t going to play a huge part!

Spent the last couple of days learning how to operate the sound/light equipment onboard and learning about some of my daily duties. I now know how to do the ´background music tour´, something I have to do everyday at about 4:30/5pm. Oh yes folks, I am in charge of the wonderful sounds passengers (or PAX) will hear when say....travelling in a lift.....?! I´m also STage Managing ´Hobson´s Choice´and am in the booth for ´Tales form the West Side´- see if you can guess which well known musical this is from ;)

Most of the rest of my duties take place in´High Spirits´, a bar/lounge on the deck above the main performance area ("The Broadway show lounge") which also happens to be one of the coldest and ´rockiest´places on the ship - yey. The weather has been lovely and sunny with a balmy breeze. Nothing like the temperatures we will get in the Canaries but very weird for December. I can´t believe it´s christmas on Friday - I had a hard enough time remembering today was sunday!?!

Oh, and I got my name badge today - Rebbecca Key, DJ

or as I´m beginning to be called - DJ Bex, ahhh a title to be proud of, hehe!

No comments: