Wednesday, November 05, 2003

Engage.....

Well, have finally got around to doing this. I have tried for various (usually short!) periods of my 22 years of life to keep a journal of some description or other. The last one I did was over this summer cataloguing my time at 'Pontin's' and working at 'Stagedoor Manor' in New York. I did quite well although towards the end it was only 1 entry for 3 weeks but hey - that's a record for me!

So while I was at the wonderful world of Pontin's I was introduced to the world of Star Trek:TNG; and was just getting into it when I whisked off to New York to work on a Summer Camp for the summer. Anyway got back and decided that I'd like to find out more about all things Trek. This interest was also partly due to a friend from school - Zoe Hay. She was a trekkie and sat next to me in Eng Lit. I remember her telling me that she watched it so much her accent was now almost American - quite true, she was such a nice gal that I decided it was time I looked for myself into the realms of the Enterprise.

So I was scouting about and what should I come across but an interview with Gates McFadden wherein was mentioned a great website known as WilWheaton Dot Net. So away I surfed and there I found a top bloke, a brilliant writer and a blog all his own.

So I was inspired and have eventually made my start into "geekdom" (although frankly, I think most people who know me would agree I was already well on my way!) and learning about all those technical things about keeping and running his blog every now and again.

Things that have happened today....
Have worn my Michigan Wolverines (University of Michigan) cap all day in celebration of their win in the BIG game (vs Michigan State) but also because I just love the cap! My friend took me to watch their opening game with her son and her Dad and I was hooked on my first experience of American Football. I almost understood it by the time I left aswell!

Got woken up again at 8 am by the delivery of the Alternator for my car. I own a Morris Minor 1000. It's a 4-door Saloon from 1968. I've had it since I was 16 and have slowly been making her look more respectable and replacing parts of her ever since! But alas, on Saturday night I was left stranded on the side of the M42 for an hour in the cold and rain, watching firework displays and singing any song I could think of to keep my mind off my cold feet, because her dynamo finally packed up.

So after being towed home (why is it that nearly every guy who comes to help you from the AA/RAC finds at least one opportunity to try an crack on to you?Mysteries.......) I decided to pur-chase an alternator (more power out) and also some spray paint (she looking a bit rusty here and there - slowly rectifying that!).

Went round to Moggy Mark's tonight and he fitted it for me. Should be going to see him soon when he does his yearly "you need this...this...this..and this" and the Garage still seems to find something to fail her M.O.T on!

It is now 2:20am my final item has sold on eBay so I can now send of that invoice and head to bed - in't ebay greaaaat? :)

No comments: