Thursday, November 27, 2003

Panto is here!

Well here I am in a tea break from the tech of 'cinderella' with a slightly sore posterior (from having to sit on the edge of an audience box to do follow spot!) and still feeling a bit uneasy.

Shouldn't be really, am follow spotting on the panto so I've got something to do, The theatre have agreed to pay my full wage (minus any pay or benefits I have between the dates of the contract - so basically I'm getting the money anyway) and I'm not ill, car-less, or over my overdraft limit!

The pay thing is a bit annoying really. I don't see that it matters if I've got another job or not - they broke the contract therefore it's their job to pay up wether I earn any or not - only difference with me is, they know where I'm working and how much I'm earning. I am going to check out the exact details of th letter they sent me but I guess I should be glad I'm getting something.

If I'd have known that ws going to be the deal I'd have gone and done the panto in Redditch - same as I have for the last 8 years (scary! I was 14 when I started!) it would have been great to be back there.....

Have to go been called back.....

No comments: