Saturday, February 28, 2004

Patrick Stewart can sing!

Finished watching the extra's on ST:TNG 5 yesterday evening. There a section which is a tribute to Gene Roddenberry - he's the guy who created the whole Star Trek idea and the ideals. He died during the filming of Series 5 and was obviously a much loved, admired and repected guy. He must have been something special to be able to see society turning out the way he did from what we are now. His wife Majel Barrett (Lxwanna Troi - Counsellor Troi's mother) speaks on it too (these bits were recorded in 2002) and comes across as an amazing lady. Have to say that I actually shed a few quiet tears while watching it.

At the end there is about 1 min with the screen saying "Gene Roddenberry" and the dates he lived. If you wait 'til they disappear you get a completey random and yet great moment where Patrick Stewart in full Captain Picard uniform sings "Walking through the alphabet with you" to Gene - complete with straw boater and cane doing a small dance routine round the bridge of the Enterprise! It ws actually pretty good - although you half expect the rest of the crew to come dancing in behind him. (and you can almost imagine the giggles of the studio crew in the background!)

I've added some photo's of various paintings I've done to my msn community, here's a preview of my final A-Level piece. I actually got an A for it - I was so chuffed!
Where I Live


My toes are really quite achey today 'cos of the cold - yey snow! But it also meant that I was terrified to go down the drive on my crutches in case I slipped!


No comments: